For my final project I chose to create a movie and
then paint a canvas to support my movie. Windows Movie Maker was the editing
software I decided to use as it was relatively easy to use and contained many
features. I liked the idea of a movie maker because there are plenty of effects
that you can use such as transitions, titles/credits, and timeline narration,
in addition to being able to add your own music.
The idea I wanted to portray was mainly family
happiness and home as my sense of place. Seeing as my happiest memories were
from childhood, I decided to make a movie from my old family video, and started
rummaging through all my DVD’s from my childhood. The next step was very time
consuming as I had to download all the videos I wanted onto my computer seeing
as when I took the DVD out of the computer my videos disappeared. Movie maker
wasn’t much use either when it came to selecting the best parts of that video I
wanted to include in my movie. In order to pick the part of the video I wanted
I had to edit it, however I had to scan through the whole video and then edit
according to the seconds, which was difficult and a great deal of effort .
After selecting my favourite memories, which included Christmases, birthdays,
and family members, I began adding effects to my movie.
The first thing I wanted to do was add music and try
and fit the music around my movie. Adding music was simple enough and I chose ‘John
Mayer- daughters’ to start the movie as it was slow and quite an emotional
song, and then ‘Daughtry-Home’ to come on as the movie changes. I chose sepia
for my movie as it gives quite an old movie effect, yet the newer photos of me
and my family at the end I left in colour. Although my movie was quite a hassle
to make, I am very happy with it, I like how all the different memories blur
into one another, and how the music fit the movie, I also adjusted the volume
of the music and video, in order for parts of my videos to be heard over the
music. Furthermore I had the music gradually fade in and out as well as the
videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment