My Blog List

Friday, April 20, 2012

PROJECT: inspiration


During working on my project, I looked at Gustav Klimt’s work, as I was inspired by the different symbolism that hid in his paintings. I was particularly interested I ‘the tree of life’ how the painting had different layers, and the tree represented the circle of life. The roots going deeps into the ground represented the underworld, whilst the branches reaching to the sky depicted heaven, leaving the stem, which is earth. Death is also represented through the black bird lonely on the tree, and there are also many religious characteristics. Although interesting none of this was relevant to my project, what attracted me was the tree itself, I liked the way the branches swirl as if reaching out and going on a journey, and the colours are warm and friendly, and creative. I took the idea of the bird representing death and interpreted it in my own means on my canvas. I included a bird yet my bird is colourful, flying and represents independence and freedom. I also liked the peacefulness and freedom of the ‘Birch Forest’ and can relate to it as I enjoyed playing in the forest as a child, as well as the beautiful colours of ‘The Apple Tree’ and it brings back many memories of picking apples as a family activity when I was a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment