My Blog List

Monday, April 23, 2012

PROJECT: first initial ideas


When I started my project, I had no idea what to do, so firstly I tried to figure out what ‘a sense of place’ refers to. I found that ‘A sense of place’ doesn’t necessarily refer to a physical location, yet it could be a place special to someone. Likewise, it could be an emotion, feeling or connection someone has with a place. As mentioned it doesn’t essentially have to be a place, it is rather a sense of belonging that is unique to individuals. I began brainstorming, trying to come to a conclusion of what it meant to me. I used the program bubbl.us, as it was an easy format to create mind maps using a variety of different colours. Bubble.us made it much simpler and clearer to focus on my ideas. After that I had some idea, seeing as one category fell into all the other categories which was family. I decided on that because I feel a strong connection to my family and wherever they are I feel at home, safe and happy, whether that is on holidays or at actual home. I have plenty of photos and videos seeing as my family like to trac every special event or holiday however old and grown up me and my brother are. I decided to use my own photos and video seeing as they were most appropriate as they were more personal to me. I then contemplated making a collage for my final project from all my photos how  decided  on a movie for the reason that it brought me so many emotions and happiness from looking back at all the old memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment