My Blog List

Friday, April 20, 2012

PROJECT: Tagxedo


After enjoying using Wordle and the effects of mixing words and making word clouds, I explored a similar tool called Tagxedo. Tagxedo is a more advanced tool and offers complex text representations. In the same way as Wordle, you insert words; however there is a much wider variety of themes and fonts to choose from. You can also choose shapes which I found useful as I could choose a tree to fit in with my project; additionally you can upload your own shape if none fit what you are looking for. I also prefer Tagxedo to Wordle as you can save your work to your computer rather than to a gallery where you will unlikely ever see it again. For the project I chose a tree shape, and used words to do with family- the positive and negative and alternated the  fonts, rotated the cloud and modified the colours to what  wanted.  Tagxedo is not only visually effective but also useful to refer back to my ideas. Tagxedo has also contributed and inspired my idea for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment