My Blog List
Friday, April 20, 2012
PROJECT:Wordle
I used Wordle to generating a word cloud from different text or sayings I liked. I was drawn to it as I thought it would be a brilliant way to summarise the ideas of my project. The project title is: A Sense of place. I had many ideas floating around; I felt family was important, as well as holidays, friendships, smells, memories which all meant something to me. The visualization of my final cloud I was happy with, I could tweak my cloud with different fonts, layouts, and colour schemes, and eventually realised that the more frequent I used a word, it appears larger. Therefore I could organize the cloud so my most important ideas were more visual and possibly more colourful.
When I entered a saying I liked, it looked beautiful, I stuck to the green, and brown earthly colours, seeing a theme arising in connecting family and nature. The saying I chose by Jim Rohn, was:
“Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.”
I used this quote as I found it appropriate to the theme. The only problem I had with using a long paragraph of writing was that the result of the word cloud was difficult to interpret. The randomized words meant that the quote loses its meaning, however attractive looking and artistic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment